Monday, March 14, 2011

March Madness...

It's mid-March and we've had quite the month thus far! Held a garage sale last weekend which was a pretty good success. Got rid of some junk during some spring closet cleaning. I feel so refreshed when the closets are cleaned and organized! Made room in Cara's to have her own space. Her closet is a walk in and at this phase of life she doesn't have enough clothes and shoes to fill it, so we turned it into her own little play room. Her dollhouse is in there and all things princess. That way the small things don't get consumed by her younger, curious sister.

This past week, Cara had her first trip to the dentist. She was VERY hesistant to go at first, but once there, she went back and did great. The hygenist LOVED her and the doctor said everything looks great. Cara actually loves brushing her teeth, so for now, things are going good. She also sucks her thumb, so I guess I need to start saving for braces early. It was sort of a surreal moment for me though, because I sat in the waiting room while she got her cleaning. It was like she was all grown up! My heart didn't like it....




This past weekend, Daddy was home and we spent some much needed family time. Saturday was Princess Day at the Georgia Aquarium and sooo exciting. I must admit, I had a hard time sleeping the night before because of my excitement. For me, I just love being able to allow my kids to be apart of something that makes them so happy. All the princess movies we watch, the more and more I come to like them. They all share a positive message in some shape or form, and I like to think my daughter will take away some important lessons from their stories. "Princess and the Frog" was the basis of the aquarium day. Cara and Chris went to a class to start off the day where they learned about the frog cycle, did some crafts and got to hang out with Tiana, the princess from the movie. What else could a three year old ask for?! A day with her family and friends, dressed in a ball gown and tiara, learning about animals and our environment, all while hanging out with royalty. She was a little under the weather, which got worse by the end of the weekend, but she still had a wonderful time. And Sammy was in her element! I said this before, in a post this past summer, but she really gravitates towards the fish and all the big tanks. She seems so calm and happy while at the aquarium. It was such a great day, and even better shared with people we love!









Baby Klejka is coming along, Tina is in her 22nd week. Over halfway there and we are all sooooo excited about the July arrival. Can't wait to get some 30 week belly shots!




In less than two weeks, myself, the girls, Val, Cali, Tina and my Mom will be meeting Meg, the kids and Julie in Nasvhille for a little catch-up weekend. Really looking forward to that! And then there's April! Tina's baby shower, Easter and my birthday. 28 years of life this year! Let's celebrate!!

No comments: