Tuesday, October 16, 2012

the baby



Yesterday, my baby turned 3. She's the baby of our family, and if we don't add more children in the future, she will be the youngest. It's bittersweet to watch your children grow. I admittedly was less than thrilled with the feeding, lack of sleeping, and crying that came with infancy. But when we had Sam, I tried to enjoy it more, in the event that we didn't add children. And it seems like it went faster! I guess having an older sibling makes the younger kids want to be older quicker! She seems every bit of 3 and as exciting as it is, I still get a little sad that she needs me less and less. I'd say she's physically gotten so big, but that's just not the case. She's my little midget! Her favorite things at three are dressing up, wearing ballet clothes, anything Disney princess, anything Mickey or Minnie Mouse, going to the playground, spicy foods, her Sissy, her pink blankey and doing everything on her own without anyone's assistance! She's loving, moody (like her mom), needs a lot of sleep, sweet, talkative and inquisitive! Welcoming Sam into our lives has been so rewarding and I am so thankful to be with her each day to watch her grow and become her own little person! She's my cuddle bug and I hope she never outgrows wanting to lay with mom, snuggled up with a blanket. I would be okay with it if she wanted to start sleeping in her bed every night though, because she is a snorer! I'm guessing she has the Kenny tonsils, considering her doctor has already made a comment about their size.

Sam's birthday fell on a Monday this year. She kept giving me this look like "are you sure it's still my birthday?". After attending Disney on Ice and having a double party Saturday, I am thankful she recognized that the celebrating was becoming excessive. I'm a celebration person though, so I didn't feel it was right to not at least acknowledge her birthDAY. We met Christina and Matty for lunch and Tina got her a cupcake. She took a bite then put it back saying she was "saving it"...another sign she might be partied out.



For dinner, Chris and I took em to Chuck E Cheese because they were given a gift card as a present, and they had free birthday tokens coupons thanks to their frugal mom for being a part of their eClub. The kids loved it, of course. By kids, I am including Chris. Sammy does NOT like the dressed up Chuck E though so she spent a lot of her time looking over her shoulder. That wraps up the girls birthday week! Please let this be a reminder that next year I promised myself I was doing small scale celebrations...

No comments: