Friday, January 18, 2013

15, 16, and 17...

15. an ordinary moment



I wanted to capture a moment that I experience pretty frequently. Matty has become very privy to video chatting and enjoys calling his grandparents in PA since he doesn't see them often. Some nights I get lucky enough to receive a call from him, to which he either says "memo" and acts like I'm not there or yells for "Carda!". I think it's interesting that our children will find video chatting, ordinary moments. My, how we've progressed.

16. two things



In GA, we rarely get snow. I googled Atlanta's average annual snowfall and its a measly 2 inches. So this week snow was a possibility in our forecast. Cara's teacher, Mrs. Collins, told her to do two things if she wanted it to snow. She had to wear her PJs backwards and cross her fingers. I knew nothing about this until Cara jumped up, shoving her arms in her sleeves wiggling around, shouting "I have to wear my PJs backwards!". I found this to be so adorable and nixed my original 2 things idea for this.

17. ready



So, the day for probable snow arrived and I shot a picture of Sam checking for the flurries to fall. I had dinner in the crock pot, the fire on, plenty of milk and bread...we were READY! Annnnnd, I type this at 7 AM from a snow-less city in Georgia. :(

No comments: