Friday, January 18, 2013

Pioneer Woman wannabe...

I discovered the Pioneer Woman through a Pinterest recipe I came across last year. I don't remember the exact recipe, but I know it was delicious. I know that, because now when I want to find a recipe, I start at her website. So this week I wanted to make a roasted chicken and moseyed on over to her site, finding a recipe that I felt confident I could do. Based on her pictures (my favorite part!), I assumed I could handle it. Take a chicken, rinse, butter it up, pop it in the oven. Being new to buttering poultry, I was unaware of the hatred butter feels for the skin of a chicken. And maybe it's just me, but my butter outright REFUSED to slather all over the chicken. I took a picture of my product vs. Ree's (she has a real name) and I don't think I have to tell you which one is mine.


I nailed it, lol. But honestly, my final product looked pretty tasty. Regardless of the fact that I've decided I will never roast a chicken again. Buying a Publix Mojo rotisserie for $8 is wayyyyy better than handling raw bird, fighting butter, and re-basting every thirty minutes.

2 comments:

the be4good project said...

One must pat the bird dry befoe applying any room temperature butter - end result looked fantastic though!

the be4good project said...

I am enjoying all of your daily blogs - keep it up