Wednesday, January 30, 2013

23-29

23. electric


Look very closely. Look very closely to the top of Sam's head. Girl has been blessed with static electricity, just like her mom.

24. stripes


I think I'm on the tail end of a love affair with chevron stripes, but this is Sam's Valentine's Day Date Night dress. Two years ago Chris took Cara to Chik Fil A's Daddy Daughter Date Night and last year since Sam was older he took them both. It has become a new tradition for V-Day and this year I have decided to get two beautiful dresses that will be boxed and wrapped, and Chris will give to the girls before their date. I mean, what girl doesn't want a new dress for a date!

25. landscape


Literally, a week after our last winter storm warning that never came, we got another one. And again, nothing came. So as I sat at work pondering the idea of a snowy Friday, I goggled a snow filled landscape to make as my screensaver. Fingers still crossed for GA snow!

26. together


I went completely unpredictable with this word, and snapped a pairing that I think looks so nice together; strawberries and blueberries. The colors, the contrasting shapes, the rough, seedy exterior of a strawberry mixed with a smooth, fuzzy blueberry...just a simply sweet sight. And the almonds fit together with a heart healthy snack!

27. sun



This is literally the only thing we've done in January when the sun has been out. Obsessed!

28. through


I think it's fair to say most kids love ice cream. I feel awful for the unfortunate cases of lactose intolerance, but generally speaking kids go gah gah for ice cream. It's also probably safe to say that most people detest the feeling of "brain freeze". You know when you eat something really cold, too fast and your head experiences weird sensations, like your brain is screaming "I'm too cold to think!". Okay, so most people don't like that. Well, Cara either a.) doesn't mind brain freeze or b.) doesn't get brain freeze because that child goes through a dish of ice cream in less than 120 seconds. The only other person I know who can do that is my best friend, Tina. And fitting enough, they share the same middle name.

29. grow


Last night we rented "Hotel Transylvania" and what's better is The Sherer's, over a 1,000 miles away, rented it at the same time. It's important to me that although our kids will grow up apart, they won't grow apart.


No comments: